The Merula Cup apple is a vividly fresh green-apple colour. It has a matching white cotton pouch with a sweet apple print with whole, half and bitten apples as well as pale-green blossoms. A matching apple-green ribbon is used to close the pouch and hang it up to store the cup in a safe and airy spot between your periods.
What is a menstrual cup? A menstrual cup is a small flexible cup made of silicone, TPE or rubber that is folded and inserted like a tampon to collect the menstrual fluid from there. It opens out again inside the body and creates a leak-proof seal. A slight vacuum and the pelvic floor muscles keep it fixed in position. After a period of time, but no longer than 8 hours, the cup is taken out, the contents are emptied into the toilet and the cup is then cleaned. The cup can then be inserted again. A new attitude towards life! Very many women feel restricted by their period to a lesser or greater degree in their daily life.
A menstrual cup can provide great relief here and even solve the problem completely. If several of the following apply to you, the cup could be the right choice for you:
- Tampons feel uncomfortable and I find them difficult to insert or remove
- My bleeding is too little for tampons but I don’t want to use a panty liner
- I suffer from vaginal dryness
- I don’t want to always have to think about buying supplies of tampons and sanitary napkins
- I don’t want to continue to burden the environment with disposable articles
- I find the smell of used tampons or sanitary napkins very unpleasant
- I would like not to have to dispose of tampons and sanitary napkins in other people’s waste bins