- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- ½ cup brown or coconut sugar
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup HazelNOT spread + 2/3 Tbsp extra for swirl
- ½ tsp salt
- ¾ cup plain flour
- Sprinkle of sea salt (optional)
- Preheat oven to 175 degrees, line a 20x20cm square baking tin.
- In a stand mix (or hand mixer) beat butter on high until smooth & creamy. Add sugar & beat on high until creamy. Add eggs & vanilla and beat on medium speed until combined. Next add HazelNOT spread & salt, beat on medium speed until smooth. Add flour & beat on low speed until just combined, don’t overmix as this will result in a tough brownie.
- Pour mixture into prepared pan & create a swirl pattern by adding a few extra dollops of HazelNOT spread (loosen to a more spreadable consistency with a few Tbsp of hot water in a jug first). Top with a sprinkle of sea salt if desired. Bake for 28-30 mins, once skewer comes out with moist crumbs the brownie is done.
- Allow to cool completely in tin, slice and enjoy. Store in an airtight container for 3 – 5 days.